1986 France Silver 100 Francs Piedfort Statue of Liberty BU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
In 1886, the people of France gifted to the American people a statue that has become known the world over as a symbol of Liberty. To honor this centennial, France caused to be issued a 100 franc with a rendition of the Statue of Liberty.
- Contains .868 oz actual Silver weight.
- Piedfort strike. Twice the weight and thickness of the regular coin.
- Coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Statue of Liberty with doves in the background, double dates and "Republique Francaise".
- Reverse: French motto "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité" with liberty cap above, date and denomination below.
Add this beautiful homage to the centennial of the world famous Statue of Liberty to your collection today!
Millions were made, they were very popular coins. Not nearly as common were these piedfort versions. What makes a coin a piedfort is the fact that it is twice the weight and twice the thickness of the regular issue coin type. Historically, piedfort coins were reserved for nobles, royalty and special ceremonies. They are now available to all.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Hank Summers 1
From:Charlotte North Carolina
Date:Feb 9, 2018
Perhaps because it was a gift to America from The French, I was drawn to this coin and The Platinum Version as well due to the excellent rendering of. The Statue of Liberty on the coin.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.