In 1886, the people of France gifted to the American people a statue that has become known the world over as a symbol of Liberty. To honor this centennial, France caused to be issued a 100 franc with a rendition of the Statue of Liberty.
- Contains .868 oz actual Silver weight.
- Piedfort strike. Twice the weight and thickness of the regular coin.
- Coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Statue of Liberty with doves in the background, double dates and "Republique Francaise".
- Reverse: French motto "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité" with liberty cap above, date and denomination below.
Add this beautiful homage to the centennial of the world famous Statue of Liberty to your collection today!
Millions were made, they were very popular coins. Not nearly as common were these piedfort versions. What makes a coin a piedfort is the fact that it is twice the weight and twice the thickness of the regular issue coin type. Historically, piedfort coins were reserved for nobles, royalty and special ceremonies. They are now available to all.