You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains a 2 oz, 1 oz and 1/2 oz coin, all in .9999 fine silver.
- Only 1,000 sets will be issued in this packaging.
- Each coin is presented in a classic display case with a clear lid decorated with a silver geometric design. The case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper box portraying the story of how the dragon became a part of the zodiac and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her years of reign: 1952-2022, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a Chinese dragon gliding through the air. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "dragon," the inscription "DRAGON 2024" and The Perth Mint's "P125" mint mark, celebrating their 125th anniversary.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Continue your Lunar Series III collection today by adding this stunning Silver Proof Year of the Dragon set to your cart today!
When arrayed together, the shipper boxes on all future Lunar Series III proof silver set releases will form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which explains how the zodiac calendar came into being.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Lunar Year of the Dragon
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2024 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dragon. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar dragon in 2024, 2012, 2000, 1988, 1976 and every 12th preceding year are said to be ambitious, successful and charismatic.
The Perth Mint Lunar Series
Known for their quality and collectibility, The Perth Mint Lunar Series is a cornerstone of many precious metals portfolios, and is produced in silver, gold and platinum. The original lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
The Perth Lunar Series I concluded in 2010, and Series II concluded in 2019. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes. As each 1 oz silver bullion coin in Series III has been limited to 300,000 coins worldwide, the prolonged popularity is ensured by the high level of collectibility as well as the stellar designs from the reputable Perth Mint.
- Year of the Mouse
- Year of the Ox
- Year of the Tiger
- Year of the Rabbit
- Year of the Dragon
- Year of the Snake
- Year of the Horse
- Year of the Goat
- Year of the Monkey
- Year of the Rooster
- Year of the Dog
- Year of the Pig
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.