Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
In 2021, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the final Morgan Dollar release, the U.S. Mint released a series of silver dollars featuring the classic Morgan and Peace designs. Due to popular demand, the mint is releasing additional coins in this popular series for 2023 and is expected to continue producing these annually.
- Contains 1.716 oz silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the flawless PR-70 condition of your coins.
- Each reverse proof silver dollar is limited to a mintage of just 250,000 coins.
- First Day of Issue designation guarantees that these coins were shipped from the mint within one day of the coin's release.
- Morgan Obverse: Features Liberty in profile wearing a Phrygian cap and crowned with cotton blossoms and ears of wheat, symbolic of American agriculture.
- Morgan Reverse: An American eagle with wings spread, clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows in its talons. A laurel wreath mostly surrounds the eagle.
- Peace Obverse: Features Liberty in profile wearing a radiant coronet, designed by Anthony de Francisci, whose "AF" monogram appears at bottom.
- Peace Reverse: An American eagle rests on a rock, holding an olive branch above the inscription "PEACE."
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint with an "S" mint mark.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this limited-mintage Morgan and Peace Dollar Reverse Proof Set to your cart today!
Produced from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921, the Morgan Dollar is one of the most iconic coins in U.S. history. These large silver coins, bearing George T. Morgan's design of Lady Liberty, were widely circulated in the United States. Because of their historical appeal and their pivotal role in America's history, these coins have become among the most popularly collected series in numismatics. Additionally, because large quantities of these coins were stored as part of America's strategic silver reserves in Treasury vaults until the mid 20th century, a large quantity of these vintage coins exist on the market to help support their collectibility. This 2023 issue, released more than 100 years after the last Morgan Dollar was struck, continues this popular series and offers an opportunity for collectors to purchase this iconic coin produced with modern minting techniques.
Produced from 1921 through 1935, the Peace Dollar is the last circulating silver dollar produced by the United States Mint. This final type of the popular silver dollar coin is one of the most commonly collected coins in U.S. numismatics. Created to celebrate the global peace seen in the aftermath of World War I, the Peace Dollar features a profile of Liberty on the obverse, and the reverse shows a bald eagle at rest on a rock holding an olive branch, symbolic of peace. This design, created by Anthony de Francisci, was originally minted in high relief, but due to production issues, the U.S. Mint switched to a lower relief version of the design for 1922, which would be used for the remainder of the Peace Dollar's production run. The modern issues of the Peace Dollar, starting in 2021, faithfully continue the design found on the original coins from the early 20th century, but bring the high quality of modern minting techniques to this beloved series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.