You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Margaret Taylor designed by Phebe Hemphill and sculpted by Charles Vickers.
- Reverse: Designed by Mary Beth Zeitz and sculpted by Jim Licaretz, showcases a younger Margaret attending to an injured soldier during the Seminole Indian War.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold coin to your cart today!
Margaret "Peggy" Taylor was born on a tobacco plantation to a wealthy Maryland family. As a child, she was friends with Martha Washington's granddaughter. Peggy met her husband, Zachary, in Lexington, KY. She would follow her husband around the continent as he moved his way up the ranks of the U.S. Army. Zachary received the Whig Party nomination and ran for president in 1848. Peggy was not happy that her husband may be the next president of the United States. As it turned out, she was right. Zachary died after two years as president. Peggy was too devastated to attend the funeral.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.