1 oz Silver Round - U.S. Assay Office
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
Product DetailsIn the late 1960s, the Defense Logistics Agency had over 165 million ounces of Silver in its stockpile. The government dumped the Silver into the open market in 1980 and 1981 to drive down Silver prices after the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds come in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features the American flag and an Eagle within a wreath along with the weight and purity.
- Reverse: Displays the words, “Minted From U.S. Strategic Stockpile Silver” and “Formerly Stored at U.S. Assay Office in San Francisco.”
- Secondary Market Silver could be perfect, scruffy or somewhere in between.
Protect your rounds from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These rounds are all dated 1981, these rounds are over 30 years old and so it is expected that these may have some tarnishing, dings, and scratches. Own a piece of history by adding this 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
97% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 13, 2018
Date:Oct 26, 2017
Date:Oct 21, 2016
Date:Oct 17, 2016
It was showing it's age, but still in great quality (few spots of tarnish, nothing major). I bought this just for the history behind it. Not much to the design, other than explaining who made it. "just the facts" type of round. Good price for the history though. After all, it helped to keep silver affordable at the time for us to keep collecting.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.