- Product Details
Product DetailsIssued to celebrate the rich history of the penny and its 75th anniversary of the Maple Leaf design.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a custom beauty box* accompanied by a serialized certificate; proof that the coin has been individually inspected by quality assurance specialists.
- Mintage of only 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features two upright five-lobed maple leaves, the larger one on the right slightly overlapping the smaller leaf on the left. Both are attached by their stems to a small twig. The date of the penny’s last production, “2012,” is engraved just below and to the left of the central image. The word “CANADA” is engraved across the central bottom portion of the reverse field. Opposite this word, across the center top portion of the coin, is the face value of “1 CENT.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Though the humble penny will one day disappear, its unique role in the history of Canadian coinage remains timeless. Featuring G.E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic 1937 design that was used as the Canadian 1-cent piece reverse image from 1937 to 2012, with the sole exception of 1967. Add this 2012 5 oz Silver Farewell to the Penny coin to your cart today!
* Note: The original box has been damaged, as there is a tear in it.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
AWESOME!!!! Thanks APMEX, this coin is a beauty to behold, incredible quality and only 1500 mintage!! SOLD OUT at RCM. Crafted in 5-ounce fine silver (99.99% pure) with a weight of 157.6 grams and a diameter of 65 millimetres
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.