- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 388!
- Housed in a display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, purity of .9999 fine Gold and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a snake curled amongst grass and bamboo shoots. The Chinese character for “Snake” and the inscription “Year of the Snake” also appear in the design with the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This coin has a limited mintage making it highly collectible. Add this 1 oz Lunar Year of the Snake Gold coin to your cart today!
The Perth Mint Lunar Year of the Snake
The Perth Mint's popular lunar series has several releases, with this 2013 Lunar Year of the Snake coin being part of their Series II. These superb releases are perfect for people born in “Snake” years – 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001 and 2013. People born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, graceful, independent, analytical and charming. The Zodiac calendar features 12 animals, and the order of the animals is said to be based on the legend of the race that was held for these 12 animals to compete crossing a river. According to the legend, the snake hitched a ride with the horse, and just before the horse was to cross the finish line, the snake jumped out and scared the horse, and took its 6th place through the finish line.
The Perth Mint
Located along the Swan River, The Perth Mint is Australia's oldest operating mint and throughout its rich history, the name has become synonymous with some of the highest standard of bullion & collectible products. Along with the Gold Swan & Silver Swan series, some of The Perth Mint's most well known coin programs include the Gold Kangaroo & Silver Kangaroo, Koala, Gold Lunar & Silver Lunar and the Silver Kookaburra programs along with a wide variety of Specialty Bullion releases.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.