2016 Great Britain Gold £1 Last Round Pound Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
To mark the end of an era The Royal Mint has struck a commemorative £1 coin, a fitting send-off for this popular piece of currency.
- Contains .631 oz of 22-karat Gold in a proof finish.
- Comes in high quality custom box with a certificate of authenticity from the Royal Mint.
- Limited presentation of 500 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen by Royal Mint coin designer Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Designed by Gregory Cameron, Bishop of the Anglican Church in Wales, the ‘Royal Beasts’ of the four nations appear defending a heraldic representation of the Crown of the United Kingdom. They are shown leaping to the defense of the sovereignty of the nation symbolic of its proud and varied history.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
Add this strictly limited mintage collectible Proof Gold coin to your cart today!
As this new chapter begins it is time to say goodbye to the "round pound", a coin that has been with us since 1983. In 2017 a new £1 coin will enter circulation with a 12-sided shape and ground-breaking security features developed by The Royal Mint.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.