Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the MS-69 DMPL condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: The design depicts Sergeant William Jasper returning the regimental flag to the ramparts while under attack from a British ship. Inscriptions are “FORT MOULTRIE,” “SOUTH CAROLINA,” “2016” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your graded Silver America The Beautiful coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
Fort Moultrie Coin
Fort Moultrie was established as a national site in 1948 that, along with Johnson and Castle Pinckney, are part of a chain of defensive islands in the Charleston Harbor. The location of Fort Moultrie was an early flashpoint in the Revolutionary War. American soldiers led by Colonel William Moultrie were based on Sullivan’s Island, building a fort, when they were attacked by British war ships. The early American revolutionaries made a retreat but were able to prevent the British from capturing Charleston, thus the island was named in honor of Moultrie.
When South Carolina seceded from the Union in 1860, the forts again became a focal point, this time in the Civil War. As technology changed, the fortified naval armaments in Charleston Harbor became obsolete and were converted to National Monuments. Today, Fort Moultrie has been restored to portray the major periods of history during its use, from a World War II Control post all the way back to a small log fort built in 1776.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||P - Philadelphia (Not Shown)|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.