Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Displays the fifth effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Features a rhesus monkey swinging through the trees, along with the inscription "Year of the Monkey," and the weight, purity and year.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Display your 1/4 oz Gold Lunar Monkey in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Capture the very essence of the Year of the Monkey with these prestigious Gold coins produced by the Royal Mint. Add this Brilliant Uncirculated 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Monkey coin to your cart today!
With contemporary designs celebrating the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, The Shengxiào Collection celebrates the 12-year Lunar calendar and its traditions in a unique fusion of Chinese and British heritage. Following the success of the coins struck in the years of the Horse and the Sheep, this coin features the Monkey and is presented in strictly limited mintages.
This year’s coin is once more designed by British-Chinese artist Wuon-Gean Ho, whose cultural heritage makes her the ideal artist to convey the meeting of east and west. Wuon-Gean has created a beautiful and dynamic design that captures the energy and agility of the intelligent monkey. With work in collections at the Tate and the Victoria and Albert Museum, this is Wuon-Gean’s third commission for The Royal Mint.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.