- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Available since their 1986 introduction, the American Silver Eagles received an updated design this year. This exciting mid-year introduction has led to a very limited supply of PCGS certified coins available at launch.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Silver Eagle, adding collectible value to these Silver coins!
- The FirstStrike® designation certifies that these coins were shipped from the U.S. Mint in the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- APMEXclusive® PCGS Black Label adds visual appeal to this popular coin.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin. Multiples of 20 are packaged in PCGS storage boxes.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s famed design depicting Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: The design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage with a twist! The 2021 Type 2 American Silver Eagle combines brings beauty and history into the new age. Add the 2021 Type 2 Silver Eagle to your cart today!
New Silver Eagle Design
In 2020, the United States Mint unveiled the new reverse designs for the 2021 Silver Eagles. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. AIP Designer Emily Damstra created the new 2021 Silver Eagle design, which was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso. The new 2021 American Silver Eagle design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
The American Silver Eagle Coin Series Original Design:
The American Eagle coin's obverse design is Adolph A. Weinman's full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left. The obverse design, introduced in 1986, was not the first time it was used in circulation. Weinman's Walking Liberty design was created in 1916 during a time in which American coinage beauty was lacking. The design was an instant hit with the public leading it to be used first on the half-dollars and then eventually on the Silver Eagles.
PCGS Certified Silver Eagles
PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, certifies the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulates it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to release this Black Label graded MS-70 coin. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike® if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as the introduction of the Type 2 Silver Eagles.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 23, 2021
Nice coins but you can see they are just a regular minted coin. Not deeply minted but can see all things clearly. Nice reverse. Thrilled to have my first type 2's
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.