|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
|1 - 9||$1,968.20||$1,978.09||$2,050.21|
|10 - 19||$1,963.20||$1,973.07||$2,045.00|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The world-famous Gold American Eagle was introduced in 1986. For the past 35 years the design has remained untouched until this year when the U.S. Mint released an updated design to this popular coin. APMEX also offers PCGS certification to add collectible value to this coin.
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Perfect for your collection or as a gift – add a gift box to your order of the most popular Gold coin in the United States.
Add this 2021 1 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury.
Type 2 Gold Eagles
The adaptation of Saint-Gaudens' design on the obverse was paired with a depiction of a family of eagles designed by Miley Busiek specifically for the Gold Eagle bullion program. However, in 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all-new reverse design, featuring a bold, up-close portrait of a bald eagle. Eagerly anticipated by collectors, this marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70 - indicating an unmatched coin with no discernable flaws. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.