- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Add this 2021 1/10 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Launched in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series has been of interest to collectors and investors alike because of its attractive design and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907 and is deemed among the most imaginative U.S. coin designs of all time.
PCGS Gold Eagles
Though Gold Eagles are prized by investors for their Gold content and U.S. Treasury backing, collectors are drawn to the Gold Eagles series as well, due to their attractive design and wide recognition. Collector interest in this issue is particularly high, being the first since 1986 to feature a new design. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70 - indicating a top-quality coin. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike if they shipped from the mint within the first 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, collectors and investors know they are receiving coins in the absolute best condition, and those among the very first released.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.