- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Silver Eagle.
- Obverse: An enhanced depiction of Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: This design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the coin's flawless PR-70 DCAM condition.
- First Day of Issue designation guarantees that this was among the first coins released from the mint at launch.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint with an "S" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government and guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Proof Silver Eagles provide collectible value paired with a high bullion content, making them perfect for any collection. This Type 2 Eagle design from the San Francisco mint has a limited mintage of only 200,000 coins, making it highly desirable. Add this 2021-S Type 2 Proof Silver American Eagle graded PR-70 DCAM by PCGS to your cart today!
Updated Silver Eagle Design
In 2020, the United States Mint released the new reverse designs for the 2021 American Silver Eagles. The new design was created to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle coin program. The original American Eagle design, introduced in 1986 and used through the first part of 2021, used a reverse designed by John Mercanti. The 2021 reverse design features a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch in its talons. The design was created by AIP Designer Emily Damstra and then sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso.
PCGS Certified Silver Eagles
Silver Eagles are valued due to their Silver content and are the most widely collected Silver coins in the world. With this Type 2 design introduction, collector interest is high for the PCGS certified options. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin before encapsulating it in a protective holder to ensure its condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this American Silver Eagle graded PR-70 – indicating a perfect coin with no flaws. Furthermore, PCGS certifies select coins as First Day of Issue if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within the first day. With PCGS certified coins, collectors can be assured they will receive coins in the promised state and perfectly sealed to maintain the PR-70 Mint condition of this Type 2 Silver Eagle.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.