- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will be in protective packaging. Multiples of 10 come in mint tubes while multiples of 100 come in 10 mint tubes inside a Monster Box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Features The Royal Mint's guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: A depiction of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Safeguard your 2022 Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry!
First struck in 1987, the Gold Britannia coin became an instant classic. Today, it marks one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and one of the most popular bullion products. Add the 2022 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today.
Find the current Gold spot price per ounce and learn about Precious Metals pricing.
The Royal Mint Britannia Series
The Royal Mint's Britannia Series was first introduced in 1987 and has remained one of the world’s most popular coin series. While the design of the Britannia coins has changed slightly over the years, they all feature a statue of Britannia standing on a rock with a trident in her hand. The coins also feature the word "Britannia" and the year of minting. The Britannia Coin Series is highly prized by collectors, and coins from earlier years are especially valuable.
The Gold Britannia is one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and is one of the most popular products. Following the popularity of the Gold Britannia, The Royal Mint began using the popular design on a Silver coin for the first time in 1997 as a Proof coin. Soon after, in 1998, the Silver Britannia was also released in a bullion version. Today, the series has expanded to several sizes and also includes Platinum Britannia Coins along with the limited mintage Proof Gold and Proof Silver Britannia coins.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.