- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The updated designs have quickly become the new face of the Gold Eagle. Along with the updated design, this coin comes with a PCGS certification of MS-70, signifying a coin in perfect condition.
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz of .9167 fine Gold.
- Each coin has a 27 mm diameter and 2.24 mm thickness.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® label guarantees this coin was among the first coins shipped from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: A new close-up portrait of an American Bald Eagle.
Store your favorite Gold Eagles securely in a PCGS & NGC Storage Box, perfect for slab holders.
Add this 1/2 oz 2022 Gold American Eagle PCGS MS-70 FirstStrike® coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, collectors and investors alike have always opted for the Gold Eagle because of its guaranteed backing by the U.S. Treasury for the Gold content and weight. The original obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907 and remains one of the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time. The new design, created by U.S. Mint's AIP designer Jennie Norris, was released in 2021 to commemorate 35 years of Gold Eagles by displaying a beautifully detailed up-close portrait of a single eagle.
2022 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle PCGS MS-70 FirstStrike®
PCGS adds collectible appeal by grading and encapsulating coins in protective holders backed by their full guarantee of condition and authenticity. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70, which indicates a Mint State coin with no flaws. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike® if they shipped from within the first 30 days of release from the U.S. Mint. With PCGS certified coins, collectors know they are receiving Gold Eagles in the best condition possible.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.