Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
For the first time since their 1986 introduction, the Gold and Silver Eagles received an updated design mid-year 2021. This mid-year introduction, coming at a time of unprecedented demand for bullion, led to a very limited supply of coins available. Act now to add the first issue of the new design to your collection!|
- Each coin contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-69 condition of the coin and the Unfinished Proof Dies designation certifies that this coin is among the few inadvertently struck with partially prepared Proof dies.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original Bronze cast to enhance this beloved design. A "W" mint mark, not intended to be shown on any bullion issue coin, identifies this as the rare Unfinished Proof Dies variety.
- Reverse: A bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a nice presentation box to your order.
Containing 1/4 oz of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this rare 2021 1/4 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 struck with Unfinished Proof Dies to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that its purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907, and is considered to be among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time.
Type 2 Gold Eagles
From their initial issue in 1986, the design of the Gold Eagle remained largely unchanged until 2021. The adaptation of Saint-Gaudens' design on the obverse was paired with a depiction of a family of eagles designed by Miley Busiek specifically for the Gold Eagle bullion program. However, in 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all new reverse design, featuring a bold, up-close portrait of a bald eagle, rendered by Artistic Infusion Program designer Jennie Norris. Eagerly anticipated by collectors, this marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.