- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Coins are packaged in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: A Scythian warrior on horseback gallops in from the right-hand side of the coin’s obverse.
- Reverse: The horse and rider are partly obscured by an ornamental band, as are a cauldron, a plow and an axe by another ornamental band in the background on the left-hand side. The principal image on the coin’s reverse is of a golden centerpiece, probably from the later Scythian period, depicting animals locked in combat. The original can be found in the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg and is from the collection of Peter the Great.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These commemorative Gold coins from Austria are a great way to add to your Gold holdings while enhancing your world Gold collection. Add one of these 2022 Austria Proof Gold €100 The Magic of Gold: Gold of the Scythians coins to your cart today!
The Scythians were also skilled in domesticating animals. Among the earliest people to master mounted warfare, from the 7th to the 3rd century BC, the Scythians moved with their horses and sheep from grazing area to grazing area on the steppes of what is now southern Russia and Ukraine. The Scythian culture disappeared a long time ago, but it lives on through the magic of Gold. What remains of their long-lost culture are impressive burial mounds, known as kurgans, which are rich in the Precious Metal. Since the 19th century, the burial robes of Scythian princes decorated with hundreds of Gold sheets have been discovered by archaeologists excavating kurgans. Women's veils and bonnets decorated in this way have also been unearthed. Pressed from Gold foil, these pieces were often decorated using elements of "animal style" art; the stylized animals were thought to have supernatural powers. Quivers, dagger hilts and scabbards, ornamental shields and scepter handles decorated with thick Gold sheets have also been found, as have neck rings and bracelets made of solid Gold.
Austrian Gold Commemorative Coins
In addition to minting the ever popular Gold Philharmonics, the Austrian Mint is also responsible for producing unique commemorative coins honoring various people, places and events important to Austrian history. We carry Austrian Gold coins in a variety of sizes with a variety of themes.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.