You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
|1 - 9
|10 - 19
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Only coins delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance are eligible as MintDirect® Premier. APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint capsules. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2024 Gold Lunar Dragon coins in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading long after new FirstStrike®-eligible coins are typically off the market.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine gold.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- Coins in MintDirect® packaging do not come with original mint capsule.
- Mintage of no more than 30,000 pieces.
- These coins are sold out at The Perth Mint!
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her years of reign: 1952-2022, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a Chinese dragon gliding through the air. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "dragon," the inscription "DRAGON 2024" and The Perth Mint's "P125" mint mark, celebrating their 125th anniversary.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Secure your Gold Lunar Dragon by adding an attractive display box to your order. An easy way to store these coins is in the 10-count storage box. Add this convenient box to your order. If you want to order more than 10, we also have a 20-count storage box.
Lunar coins are among the most popular in the world. Add this spectacular 2024 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Dragon coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series III.
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS to add the assurance and recognition of the PCGS FirstStrike® designation to the MintDirect® Premier product. After reviewing and vetting the MintDirect® process, PCGS recognizes these 2024 MintDirect® Premier Gold Lunar Dragons as meeting their strict requirements for FirstStrike® eligibility if submitted for grading in their original sealed packaging.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2024 Australian 1 oz Gold Lunar Dragon single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals such as gold, silver and platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.