2016 1/4 oz Proof Gold €50 Women of France (Joan of Arc)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
An emblematic figure of France, this coin features Joan of Arc and commemorates her historic contributions to French culture.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .920 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the portrait of Joan of Arc wearing a helmet. The background is studded with fleur-de-lis reminiscent of her banner which was white with fleurs-de-lis.
- Reverse: Depicts Joan of Arc, mounted and armored, during the siege of Orleans in 1428.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2016 1/4 oz Proof Gold €50 Joan of Arc coin to your cart today!
Joan of Arc was born in Domrémy in the Lorraine region of France around 1412. She claimed, as an adolescent, to have been instructed by saints to free France from English occupation and to conduct the Dauphin on the royal throne. She made it her mission to get to the Dauphin's side and inform him of her divine calling.
She announced four events: the liberation of Orléans, the sacre of the king in Reims, the liberation of Paris, and the liberation of the Duke of Orléans. She became an emblematic figure of the Hundred Years' War and true military leader.
In 1431, after the announced events happened, she was finally captured by the Burgundians, who were allied to the English. Following a trial, she was sentenced to be burnt at the stake.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.