- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .2604 oz of Silver.
- Comes encapsulated and boxed with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 65,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a butterfly on a raspberry-red and grass-green niobium core. Also includes “Republik Österreich” (Republic of Austria) and the face value of £25.
- Reverse: Features a microscopic view of a butterfly wing at the top center. Moving clockwise, the view changes to what is seen with an electron microscope. The bottom half of the coin illustrates the structure of a cell.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
This unique Silver and Niobium coin would be a great gift for anyone interested in science. Add this Silver/Niobium Microcosm Coin to your cart today!
Following the exploration of the cosmos in 2015, the 2017 edition in the Austrian Mint’s innovative and ingenious two-tone Silver Niobium series embarks on a technological journey in the opposite direction, to the microcosms. For the past decade and a half these coins have been employing the combination of Silver and niobium to explore fittingly fascinating themes, the journey of scientific discovery featured on Microcosm is no exception.
What makes the Silver Niobium coins so special is the fact that their niobium tones arise without the application of color, purely through light refraction on an extremely thin, transparent oxide layer. Microcosm, like all the other coins in the series, truly glistens with knowledge.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.