2017 Canada 1 oz Silver Predator Series Lynx (Abrasions)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
These 1 oz Silver Canadian Lynx coins exhibit a few light spots or light abrasions. This coin marks the second release in the successful Predator Series from the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM).
The Canadian Lynx, a gallant hunter with beautiful, distinctive features, brings vigor and fearlessness to life on this on this spectacular coin. The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which had a maximum mintage of one million coins. The second release has become even more exclusive by cutting that mintage in half with a mintage 500,000 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a realistic design of a lynx leaping toward its prey. The fine details of the thick coat, large paws, and long ear tufts showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Emily Damstra.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Silver Lynx in style by adding an attractive wooden display box to your order.
Add this 2017 1 oz Silver Predator Series Lynx coin to your cart today!
The Lynx intrigues with its beautiful features, elusive behavior and secretive ways. The name lynx is derived from root words meaning "light" and "brightness", in reference to the luminescence of the its reflective eyes. The lynx is an excellent climber and swimmer and twice as effective as bobcats at supporting its weight on the snow. This wildcat has a calm demeanor but is a skilled hunter that easily adapts to the changing seasons, an admirable trait that makes it one of Canada’s beloved iconic species, as celebrated in this fine Silver coin.
Lynx are generally found throughout most of the boreal forests of Alaska and Canada that have cold, snowy winters and a high density of their favorite prey, the snowshoe hare. They are also known to inhabit much of the U.S, into the northern Rocky Mountains/Cascades, southern Rockies, Great Lakes states and the Northeast.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.