Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- APMEXclusive® Black Label adds visual appeal to this sought-after coin.
- The First Day of Issue label guarantees this coin was among the very first of the Type 2 coins shipped from the mint.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a wooden storage box to your order.
Add this 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907 and is among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time.
Type 2 Gold Eagles
From their initial issue in 1986, the design of the Gold Eagle remained the same until 2021. However, this year, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all-new reverse design, featuring an up-close portrait of a bald eagle eagerly anticipated by collectors.
PCGS Gold Eagles
Though Gold Eagles are prized by investors for their Gold content and U.S. Treasury backing, collectors are drawn to the Gold Eagles series as well, due to their attractive design and wide recognition. Collector interest in this issue is particularly high, being the first since 1986 to feature a new design. PCGS adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70, which indicates a superior coin with no visible flaws. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as First Day of Issue if they are verified to have shipped from the mint within the first day of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition and among the very first released.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.