- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the nearly flawless MS-69 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a nice presentation box to your order.
Add this 2021 1/10 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
Type 2 Gold Eagles
From their original issue thirty five years ago, the design of the Gold Eagle remained primarily untouched until 2021. The world-famous adaptation of Saint-Gaudens' design on the obverse was paired with a depiction of a family of eagles designed by Miley Busiek specifically for this Gold Eagle bullion program. However, in 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced its new reverse design displaying an up-close portrait of a bald eagle. The release of the 2021 American Gold Eagles are highly anticipated by collectors as it is the first ever major design change in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
Though Gold Eagles are prized for their Gold content and U.S. Treasury backing, collectors are drawn to the Gold Eagles series due to their attractive design and wide recognition. Since Collector interest in this issue is particularly high, APMEX is offering this coin graded by PCGS to add more appeal. PCGS certifies the authenticity and condition of each coin before encapsulating it in a protective holder to ensure it maintains the quality our customers have come to expect. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-69 coins labeled by PCGS as FirstStrike, indicating they were shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition and those among the very first released.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.