You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The 1 oz Silver Britannia coins were first produced as Silver coins in 1997 and are renowned for their beauty and trustworthiness, which continues with the 2022 Silver Britannia Brilliant Uncirculated coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 are sold in tubes and 500 come in 20 mint tubes inside a Monster Box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in addition to the face value of 2 pounds, featuring The Royal Mint's guilloche design.
- Reverse: Features artwork by Philip Nathan that depicts the internationally recognized Britannia figure standing firm against a powerful wind. Her visage has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. The reverse includes a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines and micro text for added security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Display your 2022 Silver Britannia with a stylish presentation box.
The Royal Mint released the 2022 coin in its popular Silver Britannia series, which includes both modern and ancient security features. The 2022 1 oz Silver Britannia coin is available for purchase!
The Great Britain Silver Britannia Coin
The internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a ferocious storm is displayed on the Silver Britannia coins. Since Roman times, this image has represented Britain's power and integrity on coinage.
In 2021, the design of the coin was enhanced with surface animation, a latent image, tincture lines and micro text to provide further protection. Silver Britannias may be purchased in mint tubes of 25 or sealed 500-coin Monster Boxes alongside single coins.
The Great Britain Britannia Coin Series
First released as 1 oz Gold Britannia coins in 1987, The Royal Mint began producing the 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997 as a Proof, and then as a bullion coin in 1998. The coins minted from 1998 to 2012 contain .958 fine Silver, and beginning in 2013, bullion issues became the first to contain .999 fine Silver. Today, the series is released yearly in several sizes in Gold and Platinum Britannia coins, along with the Silver Britannia coins in both Brilliant Uncirculated and limited mintage Proofs.
Learn more about the current price of an ounce of Silver with APMEX.
The Silver Britannia provides high purity silver with an elegant design and is among the top 10 silver coins for investments.
99% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Dan Tanner
Date:Mar 27, 2023
Posted By:D. S.
Date:Sep 24, 2022
I just received my order today and I must say, these coins are simply stunning. The detail and high polish are far beyond anything I have purchased to date. The US Mint could certainly Lear a few lessons from these fine examples.
- Attractive Design
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.