|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
|1 - 9||$1,984.00||$1,993.97||$2,066.67|
|10 - 19||$1,979.00||$1,988.94||$2,061.46|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- APMEXclusive® Black Label adds visual appeal to this sought-after coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a dark mahogany storage box to your order. Add the 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
The Gold American Eagle series is among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. In 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all-new reverse design, featuring a bold, up-close portrait of a bald eagle, rendered by Artistic Infusion Program designer Jennie Norris. Eagerly anticipated by collectors, this marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by encapsulating the coin in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is happy to recommend this release graded MS-70 - indicating a coin with no perceptible flaws. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, collectors can be assured of receiving coins in the finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as this one.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.