As low as $8.39 per coin over spot
You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
|1 - 24||$33.76||$34.11||$35.17|
|25 - 50||$33.46||$33.81||$34.85|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Royal Mint released 2023 Britannia coins with the Queen for a final time. This 2023 release in APMEX special MintDirect® packaging debuts His Majesty King Charles III's effigy. Notably, this is the only year to feature two monarchs on the Britannia
Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 Silver Britannias in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading long after new FirstStrike® eligible coins are typically off the market.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8" x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- To remain FirstStrike® eligible, coins must be unopened in the original packaging.
- Obverse: Debuts His Majesty King Charles III's effigy, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Philip Nathan, the reverse features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. Features including a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines and micro text have been included into the design for added security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Secure your Silver Britannia by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This unique 2023 Silver Britannia coin featured the first effigy of His Majesty King Charles III! Add this 2023 1 oz Silver Britannia with MintDirect® + PCGS FS to your cart today!
In 2023, The Royal Mint released the final Britannia to feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. This was done as a limited production run and was followed by this, the release of 2023 Britannia coins debuting His Majesty King Charles III's effigy. The year 2023 marks a historical moment in the coin's history as the first year featuring two reigning monarchs!
Each year, The Royal Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Royal Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FS.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2023 1 oz Silver Britannia MintDirect® Premier Single + PCGS FS.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Royal Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 6, 2023
I was wanting one to check out - first strike, etc. Came very quickly in the mail. I’d like to see these in an APMEX branded cert holder (similar to NGC certified coins-add a little class to the offering) instead of the current holder.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.