- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The Gold American Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty, is often considered the most beautiful of all American coin designs. For the first time since their 1986 introduction, 2021 will see the Gold American Eagles receive an updated design. Along with the new design, PCGS certification adds collectible value to the first ever redesign of this popular coin's reverse.
The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. APMEX is one of very few companies authorized to purchase all four Precious Metals from the U.S. Mint, and the only retailer among this exclusive group, allowing us to offer American Eagle products directly to our customers.
- Each coin contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a nice presentation box to your order.
Containing a quarter-ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2021 1/4 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907, and is considered to be among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS adds appeal to this newly redesigned coin by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin before encapsulating it in a protective holder to ensure it maintains quality over time. APMEX is pleased to offer this release of graded MS-70 coins also certified by PCGS as FirstStrike coins meaning they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as this one.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.