Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
New for 2017, the Royal Dutch Mint has released a modern lion daalder, the Dutch thaler, restrike based on the design originally issued in 1617.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Restrike comes housed in a capsule with a box and certificate of authenticity from the Royal Dutch Mint. Does not include a map.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Included on the obverse is a standing knight. In front of his legs rests a shield bearing a lion in what is known as the rampant position. (This lion is found on both the Dutch and Belgian coats of arms.) Within two circles of beadwork around the rim is the legend MO. ARG. PRO. CONFOE. BELG.—short for MONETA ARGENTEA PROVINCIARUM CONFOEDERATUM BELGICARUM, or “Silver money of the Province of the Netherlands”, followed by the letters TRA (representing Utrecht).
- Reverse: Displays the same heraldic lion in a larger size, and as with the obverse design it has two circles of beadwork around the rim enclosing a legend, the date of issue, 2017, and the motto of the United Provinces, CONFIDENS. DNO. NON. MOVETVR, or “Who trusts in the Lord is not moved” (“DNO” is an abbreviation of “Domino,” or “Lord”).
- Guaranteed by the Royal Dutch Mint.
This stunning Silver Proof coin is loved around the world for its 1 oz metal content and classic, restrike design. Add the 2017 Silver Lion Dollar Restrike to your cart today!
84% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 26, 2017
CERTIFICATE SAYS -- ULTRA CAMEO -- I SEE NO CAMEO WHATSOEVER. THE PROOF LOOKS (,EXACTLY ) like the business strike NO ULTRA CAMEO - NO CAMEO - DISSAPOINTED ON THAT FEATURE. DID NOT EXPECT THE BUSINESS STRIKES TO LOOK LIKE PROOFS . THE COINS ARE BEAUTIFUL THOUGH.
- Attractive Design
- Mint Condition
Date:Aug 7, 2017
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.