|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver in Proof finish.
- Comes in a square-shaped presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features an up-close portrait of Luge athlete in motion and the coin's denominational value of 5000 WON.
- Reverse: Depicts the PyeongChang Winter Olympics emblem symbolizing a world open to everyone and coming together in PyeongChang, a place where heaven meets earth.
- Coins are officially licensed by the United States Olympic Committee.
This coin is one of a series of two Gold and eight Silver coins commemorating the 23rd Olympic Winter Games taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea in 2018. Don't miss this limited opportunity to own a part of history. Add this 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Commemorative Proof Coin to your cart today!
The first Olympic Winter Games were held in Chamonix, France in 1924. The Games were held every four years through 1936. World War I interrupted and no games were held in 1940 and 1944 but resumed in 1948. The Summer and Winter Games were held in the same years until the International Olympic Committee decided in 1986 to place them on separate four-year cycles in alternating even-numbered years. This change was implemented in 1992, and the next Winter Games were again in 1994 and has occurred every four years since.
The Luge is a sled on which one or two people sled in a prone position with the feet forward. Similar to bobsledding, competitors race down a slippery ice track at high speed and rely on quick reflexes to steer in and out of turns. However, one major difference is that the athlete is not physically protected if they make a mistake. The Luge made its Olympic debut in 1964 with a mixed event, men's event, and women's event and has remained consistent to date in the program. The medal rankings show Germany and East Germany dominating with 15 and 13 Gold medals respectively.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.