Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, followed by the second release, the Lynx in 2017. Each release has been equally popular with an exclusive appeal and low mintage of 500,000 coins. For the third release, the Wolf offers an even lower mintage of 300,000 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Features an engraved portrait of a wolf in pursuit of its prey. The fine details of the thick, coarse coat and sharp canines showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Nathalie Legace.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Predator Series Wolf coin to your cart today!
The wolf is one of the world's most notorious animals, both loved and (wrongly) feared. Because of its high intelligence, adaptability and great skill in hunting, it has historically lived in every type of surroundings in the northern hemisphere except for the desert. Around 50,000 wolves inhabit Canada, the second largest population in the world after the former Soviet Union. Today Canadian wolves occupy about 85 percent of their original range, and although some local wolf populations are fluctuating, the overall number is pretty stable.
Wolves range in color from black to creamy white in the far north. White hair contains more air pockets than pigmented hair and provides better insulation as well as camouflage against the snow. They are social animals, gathering in packs of up to 20 members. You will hear wolves on many outdoor adventures, particularly in the Algonquin Park, Ontario, where wolf howling is organized. Wolves are now permanently protected, not just inside the Algonquin Parks, but throughout the surrounding townships.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 28, 2018
I bought this coin as a gift because of family coincidence but after receiving it in the mail (which was very quick btw) I kind of want to get them something else and keep the coin. :) It is a gorgeous coin and I will probably end up ordering one for myself. Yes, I will still give it as gift.....
- Attractive Design
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.