Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
From Gul Dukat’s machinations to the Dominion War, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine™ set itself apart with season-spanning story arcs and character-driven plots that resonated with Canadian fans. The sci-fi series’ eponymous space station gives shape to this 25th anniversary celebration, which mixes color and engraving to provide an out-of-this-world view of the series’ galactic setting.
- Contains .98 oz of Silver.
- Coin is encapsulated and is featured inside a ready-to-display floating frame.
- Mintage of 4,500 coins.
- Obverse: A different view of the series’ galactic locale is featured on the obverse, where a fine color outline augments the engraved legend. The space station is also engraved on the obverse, where it frames the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Combines detailed engraving with vibrant color application for a colorful ode to the legacy of the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701). Outer space serves as the dark background in the wide outer ring, while a rich blue color recreates the gaseous appearance of a nebula cloud. The stamp on the cover features a classic head-and-shoulder photo of the legendary commander of the U.S.S. Enterprise, Captain James T. Kirk (played by Canadian actor William Shatner). Dressed in the Gold uniform of Starfleet’s command division, Kirk is positioned against a stunning space-themed background in which his beloved ship is depicted in orbit above a red-colored planet.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
This coin would be the perfect gift for any Star Trek collector. Add this truly unique Deep Space Nine coin to your cart today!
Within the coin’s uniquely shaped contour, the reverse design features a highly detailed, engraved rendering of the space station from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine™. Officially classified by Starfleet as a “hybrid planar-columnar tri-radial structure,” Deep Space 9’s shape is defined in part by an outer docking ring that lines the coin’s edge, which is punctuated by 12 docking ports and a series of thrusters. Another defining feature, the towering docking pylons extend towards an inner habitat ring, which is linked to a spherical-shaped central core. The station’s placement allows for a largely unobstructed view of the full-color image that fills the field, where the Bajoran wormhole (top left) adds a bright swirl of color to the snapshot of the Bajoran system. A different view of the series’ galactic locale is featured on the obverse, where a fine color outline augments the engraved legend.
TM & © 2018 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.