- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Gold colorized proof has a limited mintage of 500 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule with a mint issued box and certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays an image of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts the Plantagenet King coat of arms that features the three lions passant guardant.
- The coins, manufactured and distributed by Scottsdale Mint are legal tender in the territory of Gibraltar.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Collect all coins in the series and own a piece of British history! Add this 1 oz Gold Gibraltar Royal Arms of England colorized proof coin to your cart today!
In the late 12th century, the Plantagenet King Richard I of England, affectionately known as King Richard the Lionheart, displayed the first-ever Royal Arms of England. The escutcheon (or shield) originally bore 1-2 lions, but a third lion was eventually added by King Richard I – Three lions passant guardant. King Richard the Lionheart’s Royal Arms of England three lions design would come to serve as the symbol of the King of England and the personal coat of arms of nearly every Plantagenet King for the next 200 years, approximately.
King Richard’s three lions remained until 1369 when the Plantagenet King Edward III altered the Royal Arms design to include the fleur-de-lis, reputedly in an effort to strengthen his claim to the French crown. Beyond the aesthetic appeal of the coin itself, the incorporation of the Tudor Rose into the design signifies the passing of the Plantagenet Dynasty and the birth of the Tudor Dynasty. In the War of the Roses Henry Tudor (King Henry VII) was victorious over King Richard III, the final Plantagenet King.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.