You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The series starts at the very top in the form of High Peaks, which provides a gorgeous golden glimpse of the monumental peaks of the Hohe Tauern National Park, including the Grossglockner, Austria’s highest mountain (3,798 meters). One of the most spectacular high mountain landscapes on the planet, the Hohe Tauern is home to 300 peaks above 3,000 meters in altitude. Austria’s first ever national park, covering an area of 1,800 km2 where the provinces of Salzburg, Tyrol and Carinthia converge at the central ridge of the Austrian Alps, the Hohe Tauern is also the largest national park in central Europe. Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1/4 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Coins are packaged in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features different images of the Alpenbreitschötchen above the plant’s Latin name, Braya alpina. Once a rarity itself, after almost disappearing in the 19th century, the golden eagle has also found a safe haven in the Hohe Tauern.
- Reverse: Depicts a view of the national park in which a golden eagle can be seen soaring in front of the majestic Grossglockner.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
These commemorative Gold coins from Austria are a great way to add to your Gold holdings while enhancing your World Gold collection. Add one of these 2020 Austria Proof Gold €100 Alpine Treasures High Peaks coin to your cart today!
More than a third of all plant species recorded in Austria can be found in the Hohe Tauern, including half of all mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians. Among the park’s 3,500 plant species is a botanical rarity in the Eastern Alps, the endemic Alpenbreitschötchen, a member of the family of cruciferous vegetables. The special protection area on the Grossglockner is one of the few locations where the plant can be found in Austria.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Aug 7, 2020
I've bought alot of gold coins and I'm scratching my head to why this one wasn't sold out long ago. Not only is the mintage extremely low, it's one of the most gorgeous proofs I've ever seen and it's price was exactly the same as most 1/4 sovereigns. When I layed it with all my other gold coins it just stood out. Austria definitely knows how to make a coin pop. I usually don't get attached to coins but this one is a keeper definitely.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.