- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 7,500 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Includes a display box, along with an outer box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the lunar calendar wheel, with the ox at the top of the wheel, and the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the ox, surrounded by willow branches. Also included is the title "Year of the Ox", along with the metal content and purity.
Following their previously sold out series of Silver Domed coins, the Royal Australian Mint has released their second Domed Lunar coin to continue the Lunar calendar cycle. Add this magnificent 2021 1 oz Silver Domed Lunar Year of the Ox Proof coin to your cart today!
Lunar Year of the Ox
The ox is the second sign of the twelve-year lunar calendar. People born under this sign are known for being patient and humble. The traditional story of the zodiac race also describes the Ox's patient nature. According to legend, the Jade Emperor invited animals to race across a swift river, to determine their position in the zodiac. Though the ox was likely to win, the clever Rat hitched a ride with the ox, jumping into first place. With this, the ox became the second in the zodiac.
Royal Australian Mint
Royal Australian Mint, located in Canberra, is well-known for their popular releases of Domed Proof coins, Lunar coins, and limited mintage bullion releases in both Silver and Gold. The coins range from themes about history, to astronomy, animals, to the Chinese Zodiac. The Royal Australian Mint also produces the circulating coins for Australia. The Mint was first opened in 1965, and the first mint of the country to not be a branch of the Royal Mint. Before Royal Australian Mint was formed, coins for the country were struck at various branches of the Royal Mint - the Sydney Mint, Melbourne Mint, and The Perth Mint.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.