- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Housed in protective packaging. Orders of 10 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 100 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (10 tubes per box).
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features a fierce White Lion, clutching its shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Display your 1 oz Platinum Queen's Beasts The White Lion in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
At the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, 10 heraldic beasts stood guard. The original Queen’s Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony held in Westminster Abbey in 1953, each stand six feet tall. The heraldic creatures symbolized the various strands of royal ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned queen. Each proud beast, used as a heraldic badge by generations that went before her, was inspired by the King’s Beasts of Henry VIII that still line the bridge over the moat at his Hampton Court Palace.
Today, The Queen’s Beasts can be found at the Canadian Museum of History in Quebec, while Portland stone replicas, also carved by James Woodford, watch over Kew Gardens in the United Kingdom. These mythical, ancient creatures such as the lion, griffin, falcon, bull, yale, greyhound, dragon, unicorn and horse have gone on to inspire the highly praised new talent, Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark.
The White Lion of Mortimer descended to the Queen through Edward IV. The shield shows a white rose encircled by a sun, known as "white rose en soleil". Both of these appear on the Great Seal of Edward IV and Richard III, and were used by George VI while Duke of York. The while lion is uncrowned, unlike the Lion of England.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.