- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The “Schelling” is a Dutch coin type which has been around in many varieties. The Ship Shilling was brought into circulation in 1670 because many inferior pieces were in circulation of previous varieties of the coin. The nominal value of six stuivers (5 cent coins). The name of the Scheepjes-Schelling is derived from its use in trades. The coin was mostly used internationally.
- Mintage of only 1,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes housed in a capsule with a box and certificate of authenticity from the Royal Dutch Mint.
- Obverse: Depicts a warship with a flag on the stern. The inscription reads “CONCORDIA RES PARVAE CRESCUNT” which may be translated as Unity makes Strength.
- Reverse: Features the province weapon of Utrecht and the inscription “MO:NO:ARG:ORDIN:TRAIECT”: MONETA NOVA ARGENTEA ORDINUM TRAIECTUM. It means New silver coin of Utrecht.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Dutch Mint.
This stunning Silver Proof coin is loved around the world for its 1 oz metal content and classic, restrike design. Add the 2021 Netherlands 1 oz Silver Proof Ship Shilling (w/Box & COA) to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.