Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The fifth release in the popular Pegasus bullion coin series comes with an extremely limited mintage of only 10,000 coins worldwide and features Pegasus, the mythical horse along with a revamped finish.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins worldwide.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Fourth release in Pegasus series from Pobjoy Mint.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II used exclusively by Pobjoy Mint.
- Reverse: Features Pegasus, the mythical horse, rearing up with his wings spread.
- Underneath Pegasus' torso is a "P" privy mark, indicating that these were minted by Pobjoy Mint.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British Virgin Island government.
Pegasus is one of the best-known creatures in Greek mythology. This winged horse is usually depicted as white in color and was always considered a good-hearted and gentle animal. Throughout his life, Pegasus remained a mysterious creature that symbolized divine inspiration or the journey to heaven. As a reward for his service and loyalty, Zeus honored him with a special immortality, turning him into a constellation on the last day of his life.
Protect and display your Silver Pegasus Reverse Frosted BU coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Own the fourth release of this exciting bullion series minted for the British Virgin Islands by adding this stunning 1 oz Silver Pegasus Reverse Frosted BU coin to your cart today!
The story of Pegasus begins when Perseus is sent to kill one of the three Gorgons, Medusa who had writhing snakes instead of hair. It was said that anyone unfortunate enough to gaze on her face would turn to stone. The God Hermes and the Goddess Athena came to aid Perseus with special gifts, including a shield which Perseus used as a mirror so he did not look directly at Medusa. When Perseus beheaded Medusa it is said that Pegasus was born from the blood of the Gorgon. Many wanted to capture Pegasus but no one could work out how to tame such a magnificent creature.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2021 BVI Silver Pegasus Reverse Frosted Cameo MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.