Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of only 100.
- Coins will be in protective capsule.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, which is the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with “Tokelau mot e Atua” meaning “Tokelau for God,” referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau.
- Reverse: Shows a Porcupine Fish, a fish with spines covering the body. The coin has graphics in the background representing the water of the ocean.
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
Protect your Gold coin in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The Porcupine Fish is only the second design to be offered in Gold. Add this Porcupine Fish Gold coin to your cart today!!
The first year for the country of Tokelau to issue this coin was 2014. In 2020, the program was redesigned with a limited mintage and updated modern artwork as well as becoming an APMEXclusive® . The design of the reverse changes every year on this bullion coin and has featured a variety of species of fish. The design changes make year of issue unique.
The country of issue, Tokelau is comprised of three small coral atolls located in the South Pacific Ocean. Schools of fish are attracted to these isolated atolls, with a variety of fish species including ruby snapper, yellowfin tuna and dolphinfish. In 2011, Tokelau declared 123,178 square miles to become a shark sanctuary. This sanctuary prohibits commercial fishing of all sharks and reduces shark mortality in its waters.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.