Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
But the hardships they endured are a reminder of how complex our history can be. Their triumphs and tribulations are a fundamental part of Canada's story that should be honored and remembered, as they are on this fine Silver coin, which features the armorial bearings of the Black Loyalist Heritage Society.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Comes in a black clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Features a repeating maple leaf field pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Features the armorial bearings of the Black Loyalist Heritage Society granted in 2006 by the Canadian Heraldic Authority and designed by Darrel E. Kennedy, Assiniboine Herald. On the shield, three Loyalist civil coronets represent the non-combatants who fled to British North America (Canada), while the ship's wheel represents both the past (the ships landing in 1783) and the present (the Society's focus on community development). The lion supporters symbolize the pride of Africa and the courage demonstrated by those who sought a better life in Nova Scotia. Beneath the shield, the province is represented by its official floral emblem, the mayflower, while the rock symbolizes the landings near Birchtown, N.S. The anchor in the crest honors the sacrifices of the families who undertook the journey, which is represented by the footprints in the mantling. The motto "THE HEART OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS IN YOUR ROOTS" speaks to the Society members' interest in their heritage. The armorial bearings are flanked by maple leaves.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Celebrate Black History Month all year round with this 1 oz fine Silver coin. Add this 1 oz Silver Black Loyalists coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.