- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Our journey continues! Coin #2 offers a glimpse of Canada in the early 20th century and features one of the first warships built for the Royal Canadian Navy. Rendered in a beautiful art deco style, the vessel is a fitting symbol of an era marked by two world wars; it also represents a young nation’s coming of age and its new-found stature on the world stage.
- Limited mintage of 1,250 coins.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Your coin is individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: The obverse combines five of the effigies that have appeared on Canadian coins since 1867 (clockwise, from top): the first effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Mary Gillick, with the Latin inscription “ELIZABETH II D·G·REGINA”; the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget, with the inscription “GEORGIVS VI D·G·REX”; the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. Mackennal, with the inscription “GEORGIVS V D·G·REX ET IND: IMP:”; the effigy of King Edward VII by G. W. De Saulles, with the inscription “EDWARDVS VII D·G·REX IMP:”; and the effigy of Queen Victoria by L. C. Wyon, with the inscription “VICTORIA D·G·REGINA”.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Glen Green, your coin’s reverse features a symbol of a Canada’s new-found standing on the world stage after the First World War (1914-1918). Art deco elements surround the depiction of HMCS Saguenay; built in 1931, the vessel was one of the first warships built for the Royal Canadian Navy before the naval service’s rapid expansion during the Second World War (1939-1945).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Silver $50 100 Years of the Confederation Coming of Age coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.