Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Goddess of the Moon, Mama Quilla was an important deity for the people of the Incan Empire which flourished in the Andes region of South America from the 12 century AD until the Spanish conquest of the 1500s. In Incan mythology, she was the daughter of Viracocha, the creator god, and wife and sister of the sun god Inti. Legend also credited her as the mother of Manco Capa and Mama Ocllo, founders of Cusco, capital city of the Incan empire.
Revered for preventing the world falling into complete darkness, Mama Quilla was believed to shed Silver tears that fell to earth and could be mined as precious metal.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- The coin is housed in a varnished plastic case molded in the shape of Mama Quilla’s face. Her lower lip opens like a drawer to display the coin enclosed inside. The case comes in a shipper featuring Inca-style patterns formed from dark blue brush-like flocking.
- The shippers of future animals in the Lunar Series III will, when arrayed together, form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which tells how the zodiac came into being.
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and a circular pattern of Inca crosses (chakana). Also included in the design are the coin’s weight, purity, monetary denomination and 2021 year-date.
- Reverse: Portrays an artistic impression of Mama Quilla and her animal adversaries. The deity’s figure surrounds a Perspex dome containing Silver particles suspended in purified mineral oil. Also included on the reverse is The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mint mark.
Add this highly sculptural Silver Tears of the Moon antiqued coin to your cart today!
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver Commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian Commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.