- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Only coins received in the first 30 days of release are eligible for the MintDirect® Premier designation. This provides assurance that these 1 oz Silver Porcupine Fish are among the best struck releases of the year.
- Mintage of only 10,000.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, which is the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with “Tokelau mot e Atua” meaning “Tokelau for God,” referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau.
- Reverse: Shows a Porcupine Fish, a fish with spines covering the body. The coin has graphics in the background representing the water of the ocean.
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
Secure your Silver Porcupine Fish by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The Flying Fish is the subject of the eighth release of a 12-coin series. Add this MintDirect® Premier Single Porcupine Fish Silver coin to your cart today!
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year. Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
APMEX has designated all products delivered during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier. MintDirect® Premier may not be recognized by external grading services. APMEX will only have a limited number of MintDirect® Premier products each year.
APMEX created the MintDirect® process to assure each of these 2021 Silver Porcupine Fish coins comes directly from the mint, guaranteeing these .999 fine Silver coins have not been searched or sorted since minting. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed boxes, exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.