You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Introducing Lifted Engraving, a numismatic first that makes its world debut on this limited-edition prototype. The groundbreaking technology is a 3D approach to 2D coin art. It allows us to highlight a key design element by raising it above the engraved surface of the coin. To demonstrate its full potential, the never-before-seen technique has been applied to this 2020 pure Silver version of the 1997 Flying Loon dollar. The loon you see lifting up from the coin’s surface is not an embellishment—it’s part of the coin. And so is the integrated hinge, which provides just the right amount of lift for the loon, and new technology, to take flight on this prototype.
- Contains 59.5 grams of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 425 coins.
- Packaged in a wooden box with a special R&D Lab certificate to explain the technology.
- Obverse: Features the repeating R&D Lab logo as a tiled background behind the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: A reproduction of the 1997 Flying Loon $1.00 coin design by Canadian artist Jean-Luc Grondin. Enhanced with Lifted Engraving, the loon has been smoothly cut away from its engraved lake setting and elevated above the coin’s surface with the help of an integrated hinge.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this one of a kind R&D Lab Flying Loon coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.