Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Encapsulated by PCGS, grading the coin a perfect MS-70 First Strike, and housed with our exclusive Green Label.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Rapidly gaining popularity, this uniquely sized Silver Libertad coin carries on the rich and proud tradition of the beloved Libertad series that began in 1982. Add this 2021 2 oz Silver Mexican Libertad graded MS-70 PCGS First Strike coin to your cart today!
2 oz Silver Libertads
The Silver Libertad was released in a 2 ounce Brilliant Uncirculated version for the first time in 1996. These coins tend to have much lower mintages than their 1 ounce counterparts, adding to the collectibility of the series. These 2 oz Libertad coins in .999 fine Silver feature the coat of arms of Mexico on the obverse, surrounded by the historical Mexican coat of arms. The reverse features the two volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, which have a legendary love story tied to them.
Certified Silver Libertads add further collectibility to the BU coins, as there is an even more limited quantity available in this perfect MS-70 grade, authenticated by PCGS, one of the top grading services in the industry. The coins are individually encapsulated in a PCGS holder, guaranteeing the Mint State 70 grade of the coin.
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de Mexico (Mexican Mint), the oldest Mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535. The Bank of Mexico is Mexico's central bank, and is the Mexican Mint's largest client, producing both circulating coinage and currency for the country, as well as Precious Metal coins. The Mexican Mint is located in Mexico City.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.