Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Each zodiac animal gets a chance to shine on these precious keepsakes, which are issued annually to commemorate the start of a new lunar year. Like the king of the mountain depicted on this coin, people born in the year of the Tiger are strong-willed, confident and courageous. Tigers are known to pounce on their work because they like to get things done, and this often leads to success. They are natural leaders with a penchant for adventure, and they are determined to overcome any challenge that they encounter on the path to greater heights.
- Contains 0.496 oz actual Gold weight.
- Limited mintage of 1,088 coins.
- For an elegant presentation, your Lunar Year of the Tiger coin is housed in a red lacquered wood case with a red outer box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Inspired by traditional Chinese brush paintings, Canadian artist Aries Cheung offers a modern take on the classic image of the Tiger ascending the mountain. The auspicious clouds and distant mountain tops suggest the Tiger is standing at the top of the world, where it has struck a pose that emphasizes its power, confidence and authority. In the distance, pine trees are symbols of resilience and longevity. The Tiger is marked by auspicious wind-wheel motifs that hint at its divine power, while also representing good fortune rolling in and a forward momentum. Along with the Chinese character for “Tiger,” the reverse includes the year “2022”, the word “CANADA” and the face value, “100 DOLLARS”.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Gold in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Celebrate your fearless Tiger spirit. Add this Proof Gold Year of the Tiger coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.