- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The roots of astrology lay in the idea that an individual’s character and fate was somehow linked to the arrangement of these celestial bodies at the time of their birth.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 388 coins!
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case within an illustrated shipper and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The coin’s obverse depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, the 2021 year-date and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The coin’s reverse colored artistry of each star sign created by Perth Mint designer Jennifer McKenna. Each sign is accompanied by inscriptions of its name and its pictogram. Also included in the design is a stylized motif representing the Sun, the Moon and stars.
Don't handle your silver coin with bare hands. To avoid finger prints, ass these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this incredible antiqued Signs of the Zodiac coin to your cart today!
The respected Greek astronomer Ptolemy gave the concept scientific respectability in the 2nd century AD when he codified many pre-existing astrological beliefs. He described the zodiac (meaning ‘circle of little animals’) as comprising the 12 constellations, matching them with the month of their apparent ascendancy:
• Aries – the ram (March 21 – April 19)
• Taurus – the bull (April 20 – May 20)
• Gemini – the twins (May 21 – June 20)
• Cancer – the crab (June 21 – July 22)
• Leo – the lion (July 23 – August 22)
• Virgo – the maiden (August 23 – September 22)
• Libra – the scales (September 23 – October 22)
• Scorpio – the scorpion (October 23 – November 21)
• Sagittarius – the centaur (November 22 – December 21)
• Capricorn – the goat (December 22 – January 19)
• Aquarius – the water bearer (January 20 – February 18)
• Pisces – the fish (February 19 – March 20)
To Ptolemy, this ever-changing movement of the stars and planets created atmospheres to which Earth’s inhabitants were sensitive, an idea which continues to resonate with many people to this day. Closely associated with the signs of the zodiac, a horoscope (derived from the Greek words Ora and scopos meaning ‘time’ and ‘observer’) is a chart of the heavens at a precise point in time – such as someone’s birthdate. Astrology interprets the meaning of the chart to explain aspects of the individual’s personality and predict future events.
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver Commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian Commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.