Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 kg (160.75 oz) of .9999 fine Silver with a diameter of 180 millimeters.
- Limited mintage of only 100 sets.
- Comes in a wooden collector case with a graphic beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity and an informational booklet.
- This certificate attests that your 2021 $500 fine Silver coin is Proof quality and is authorized by the government of Canada.
- Expertly struck by the Royal Canadian Mint with an extremely limited mintage of 100 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse features a wood field pattern, a reproduction of the ship’s wheel, and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Your coin’s reverse design is based on original artwork by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé. It presents a timeless portrait of Bluenose setting out beneath an evening sky and riding the waves off the coast of Cross Island, Nova Scotia. The name “BLUENOSE” appears to the right of the vessel’s sails, accompanied by ornamental scrollwork as it appeared on the iconic schooner.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
You can protect your newest investment against moisture during storage with these silica gel packets.
The coin's dimensional shape, size and exquisite beauty will dazzle time and time again. Add this 2021 5 kilo Silver 100th Anniversary of Bluenose coin to your cart today!
Launched on March 26, 1921 in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Bluenose brought home a record catch in its first season fishing on the Grand Banks. It captured the 1921 International Fishermen's Trophy for Canada in its first season and remained undefeated in the series. Skippered by Captain Angus Walters, Bluenose proved its worth as a fishing vessel in its first season at sea. The first test as a competitive racer came in the fall of 1921, and in its first International Fishermen’s Race, Bluenose outsailed the Gloucester schooner Elsie. It also outclassed Henry Ford the following year, and a racing legend was born. After a sensational racing career, Bluenose’s final years and foundering in 1946 marked a sad end to a glorious era. Despite the loss, the legacy of the Canadians who built and crewed this legendary vessel still lives on, forever preserved in images that inspire awe—like the one engraved on this magnificent 5 kg pure Silver showpiece. The sight of Bluenose sailing once again with its majestic sails filled with wind will whisk you back in time and fill you with the thrill of the race, the euphoria of victory, and an unmistakable sense of pride for this symbol of Canada’s maritime heritage.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.