- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver in flawless Proof finish.
- Mintage of no more than 388 coins.
- Encapsulated in a PCGS holder, certifying the Proof-70 grade of the coin, with the exclusive red lunar label.
- The original box and certificate of the coins is also included.
- Obverse: Portrays the Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value, Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Portrays a stylized representation of an tiger with its cub. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "tiger," the inscription "TIGER 2022" and The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Year of the Tiger Proof coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this spectacular 2022 5 oz Silver Year of the Tiger coin graded a perfect PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series 3.
Lunar Year of the Tiger
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2022 reverse celebrates the Year of the Tiger. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar tiger in 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974 and every 12th preceding year are said to be natural leaders, blessed with courage, charm and confidence. Tigers are seen as guardians of children in Chinese culture and are a symbol of bravery.
The Perth Mint Lunar Series
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar Series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios, and is produced in Silver, Gold and Platinum. The original lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sellouts every year!
The Perth Lunar Series 1 concluded in 2010, and Series II concluded in 2019. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Gabe Davidson
Date:Jan 11, 2022
I got this on sale, and it finally showed up. It’s a beautiful coin that came in its box from PCGS but also had the box from the Australian mint with a COA. My mint number is 322.
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.