Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The star of each year's The Perth Mint lunar collection, these coins have been very popular amongst collectors each year due to the limited supply and remarkable designs.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of 188 coins worldwide.
- Coins are encapsulated in a PCGS slab, certifying the Proof-70 grade of the coins, with First Strike designation. Included is a Gold Foil label.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue, and face value.
- Reverse: Portrays a stylized representation of a tiger standing on a peak, with its head turned towards its tail. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for ‘tiger’, the inscription ‘TIGER 2022’ and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this stunning Gold High Relief Proof Year of the Tiger Coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series 3.
When arrayed together, the shipper boxes on all future Lunar Series 3 Proof Gold releases will form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which explains how the zodiac calendar came into being.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Gold, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Lunar Year of the Tiger
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2022 reverse celebrates the Year of the Tiger. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar Tiger in 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, and every 12th preceding year are said to be natural leaders, blessed with courage, charm, and confidence. Tigers are seen as guardians of children in Chinese culture, and are a symbol of bravery.
The Perth Mint Lunar Gold Coin Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Gold Lunar coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9999 fine Gold since 1996, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. Beginning in 2020 and scheduled for yearly releases through 2031, The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint Lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver, and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.